In vitro fertilisation or IVF is technically the best option for couples who dream of having beautiful children but are unable to produce biologically. This incapability could be due to fertility problems or in case of couples of the same sex. If you are facing similar problems read on to know why IVF can be your best bet to have a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- IVF is sometimes the only way in which you can give birth to a child when all other fertility treatment methods have failed. The doctor can, however, in certain cases directly refer IVF as the only option. This saves crucial time and hassle for you. IVF is the best method in particular cases where the patient is over 38 years of age or has less ovarian reserves, or fallopian tubes that are completely blocked or even extreme male infertility.
- IVF can be used by anybody including the baby’s mother or gestational carriers or even surrogate mothers. This method is also used by single women who want to be mothers as well as couples of the same-sex.
- A great thing about IVF is that couples have complete control over when they want to welcome the infant in the family. This means that women can have a successful future and also the joy of becoming a mother. In such cases the embryos or even the eggs can be cryopreserved and used when the time is suitable. IVF is also a great way of spacing children as you increase the family size.
- In IVF you can use your own eggs and sperms as well as that of a donor. The egg in this case is manually fertilised and the embryo is then used for the process. This technique increases the possibility of conceiving at the first or the second time.
- With the help of in vitro fertilisation, you can have healthier children than ever before because a genetic screening is performed before the egg or the embryo is implanted in the woman’s body. You can check for life-threatening diseases like down syndrome, cystic fibrosis, Tay Sachs and sickle cell anaemia. The doctors check the parent’s family history for these diseases on either side.
- Couples going for IVF suffer less from the possibilities of miscarriages because the main cause for such a condition is any genetic abnormality. In the case of IVF all the abnormalities are taken care of right from the beginning. The various screening processes ensure that embryo is healthy and the mother has the possibility of carrying a healthy child to full-term.
- Preimplantation genetic screening or PGS increases the chances of conceiving amongst all the assisted reproductive techniques available. In case of particularly difficult cases the doctors can run multiple cycles which eventually ensure that the pregnancy takes place and a healthy baby is born.
Interested couples should get in touch with an ivf centre in Gurgaon to understand the process thoroughly and the procedure that can take them closer to their dream of becoming parents.