Some of the most effective business names ever have used humor in some way. If you can make someone laugh, or chuckle, or even just smile ever so slightly, then not only will they be much more likely to remember the name of your business they will also look on it more favorably and it you can be creative enough they will also tell all of their friends about it! If just one in 10 people who come across your brand name tell a friend or two about it than that is a whole lot of free advertising and your business may even go viral and become an instant overnight success!
But coming up with an effective creative name for startups is not easy. Apart from anything else names need to be pretty short and catchy, so you do not have many words to work with, and of course you still have to project a positive image so even if something is creative it may not be appropriate.
Most brand name use some kind of pun or play on words. The easiest way to look for some kind of pun or word which you can use is to write down all the words which you can think of which describe you or your business. You then go through your list and look for any of the following:
- Words which have more than one meaning: for example, one fish and chip shop, selling battered fish, realized that there is more than one meaning for the word ‘batter’; they then called their shop ‘Salt and Battery’ (assault and battery).
- Other words which sound like the words on your list: like the clock shop ‘hour place’ who realized that hour sounds like our, or wok this way, who saw that wok sounds like walk.
- Phrases which contain any of your words, or any words which sound like your words: such as ‘many happy returns’ for an accountant specializing in tax returns, or ‘curl up and dye’ for a hairdresser.
- Words which contain the same sound as any of the words on your list: Hair-O-Dynemix for a hairdresser is an excellent example of this.
- Start with a fairly small list of words to make it easier to work through the process. And then if you don’t find anything the first time, expand your list of starting words and go through the same process again.
How to find the right startup consulting firm or a startup mentor for your company?
You are entrusting your faith and vision on a person who will be your mentor or support or guide, hence, it is very important that you have a strong relationship with them and at the same time, it’s important that your startup mentor’s or consulting firm’s vision should coincide with yours. A good startup has the following qualities:
- An expert-level experience
- Already a successful entrepreneur
- Are patient and action oriented?
- A harsh critic yet supportive
Before moving ahead and getting associated with any firm or person, as an entrepreneur you should check for the aforementioned qualities.
Why do you need startup mentoring?
There is no denial to the fact that many startups fail in their nascent stage, and they may have a number of reasons for the same, the likes include entrepreneurs being naiveté and lack of supportive startup ecosystem, lack of funds, poor market conditions and much more.
But, the most important factor that most of the startups miss is a lack of guidance, inspiration, and feedback from small business consulting firms and no startup mentoring. You can find Product Naming Agency Near you. It might sound absurd to a few strong-headed entrepreneurs to take the support of a mentor to execute their business plan but these firms are a must to make your business successful.
Startup Mentoring – your ultimate supporter and motivator
In the lead to succeed, most of the entrepreneurs break rules or make mistakes which they are not even aware of, these mistakes, however, can adversely affect their business. Also, many times as an aspiring business builder you find yourself stuck in a situation where you don’t know how to proceed. Startup Business Consulting firms and mentors work as a savvy guide who constantly provides you feedback.
Initially, you may be having a lack of confidence but with the mentorship of a good startup mentor, you can move ahead with confidence and without hesitation.
Of course, not every possible creative business name would come up during this process so you still have to be creative. Or if not, then you could just find other creative people instead! You could start off by posting question on forums or answers site to see if you can get any good suggestions for free, or you may even want to go that one step further and hire a creative professional Brand Naming agency like UnboxFame.com to help you. In the end, it may turn out to be a worthwhile investment.